Events and Meet Ups - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
The PSP Halloween Costume Contest And More!
Wear your Halloween costume, with prizes for Best in Show!
Plus... paint pumpkins and make pizza in the Old Stone House outdoor oven!
The day will end with a mini-parade around the park; great for little ones who can’t make the larger parade on the 31st!
Costume Contest Categories (in progress, but you get the idea):
Best Infant up to 12 months: Earth Baby 👶
Best Stroller/Wagon/Pram: Greenhouse Gas Guzzler or The Green Machine 🚘
Best Use of Recycled/Green Materials: The Lorax 👾
Best Sci-Fi: Creature from the Green Lagoon 👹
Best Pop Culture: The Green New Deal 🍏
Best Couple: Biodynamic Duo 👭 👬 👫
Best Group/Family/Ensemble: The Tree Huggers🌳
Best NYC: Gotham Greens ♻️
Best Classic Halloween: The Jolly Green Giant 🤖
Best in Show for Adults: Guardian of the Galaxy 🌍
Best in Show for Kids: ComPoster Child 💚💚📗
Best Monster: Carbon PawPrint or The Terror Firma🐾
Best of Show/Most Creative: Global Brainstorm or Renewable Energy or The Big Blue Marble 🌐
Halloween Costume Contest Rules
• The Park Slope Parents Halloween Costume Contest is open to anyone, no matter what age you are or where you live.
• YOUR COSTUME MUST BE HOME MADE or cobbled together. We are looking for YOUR work and creativity. Costumes purchased or rented or any costumes made for you by a professional designer or seamstress do not qualify. There are exceptions to the "purchased or rented" policy; for instance, if only one or two minor components of the costume were purchased. Exceptions in this case will be at the discretion of the judging team.
• Costumes must be self-contained. Connections to electrical sockets will not be available.
• It’s a family costume contest. Keep it fun and G- Rated.
• Judges for the Halloween Costume Contest are not eligible for the Costume Contest.
REGISTRATION and CHECK-IN
JUDGING AND AWARDS
• We'll call people up to the "stage" by costume categories. You will need to remain throughout the Costume Contest to be eligible for an award.
• Halloween Costume Contest awards will be announced after all costumes have been exhibited, each category has been stated and entrants for that category return to the stage.
IMPORTANT LEGAL MUMBO JUMBO:
• The judges shall have the sole authority and discretion to select the winners.
• Minors (those under 13 years of age) must come with a legal guardian to participate.
• By registering, all Halloween Costume Contest participants agree to let Park Slope Parents use their images for promotional purposes, both photographs and video.
• Each entrant shall indemnify, defend, and hold Park Slope Parents harmless from any third party claims arising from or related to that entrant's participation in the contest. In no event shall Park Slope Parents be liable to an entrant for acts or omissions arising out of or related to the contest or that entrant's participation in the contest.
Questions? Email email@example.com
(Costume made, in part, from Susan Fox's bathroom rug!)
Sunday, October 27, 2019, 1:00 PM until 3:30 PM
General Parenting Event
Registration is not Required