Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'REGISTER NOW' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Public 3K, Pre-K and K: Demystified @ 12:00pm with Dana from Casa Parenting
Please join PSP and Dana from Casa Parenting for a Public 3K, Pre-K and K: Demystified on Wednesday, December 6th @ 12:00pm.
This is a famously confusing process and it does not have to be.
This talk is a clear eyed translation of the DOE's timelines and procedures plus the insight of an educational consultant, experienced educator and Brooklyn mom.
For parents of children with 2019 birthdays, this workshop will give you the final understanding of how all the Kindergarten (2024-25) application pieces fit together, including Charter, Unzoned, Dual Language, and what is likely not happening with Gifted and Talented.
For parents of children with 2020 or 2021 birthdays, you will get an overview of the whole Kindergarten story and how Pre-K fits together before the likely deadline for Pre-K or 3K (2024-25) applications in February.
Dana will cover:
While Dana won't be talking about specific schools, the information will be pertinent no matter what district you live in. For more information about Dana, click here.
- Kindergarten options and what they mean; zoned, unzoned, charter, magnet and gifted and talented.
- How the match works and how to make a thoughtful application.
- How the Pre-K process is the same and different than K and what is important to know about Pre-K "strategy".
- What to look for in a classroom.
- The timeline and what K can mean for the future.
- Is 3-K really for all?
- Does attending a 3-K program give you a guarantee to remain in that program for Pre-K or Kindergarten?
NOTE: This is a live webinar and will NOT be recorded.
What: Public 3K, Pre-K and K: Demystified
When: Tuesday, September 19th @ 12:00pm.
Cost: $25.00** (special member pricing)
Housekeeping: please read
**PSP wants everyone to have the opportunity to attend our informational webinars. If you are experiencing financial hardship, please email: email@example.com.
- **Sorry, there are no refunds for PSP events.
- This WILL NOT BE recorded
- You will receive a unique zoom link the day before the event.
Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 12:00 PM until 1:30 PM
Workshops & Webinars
Registration is required
Payment In Full In Advance Only