Events and Meet Ups - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'REGISTER NOW' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
PSP Parenting Tweens & Teens in Uncertain Times @ 7:00pm
Please join PSP and Fara Jones, LCSW, for a PSP Coping Webinar: The New Normal: Parenting Tweens & Teens in Uncertain Times on Wednesday, October 7th at 7:00pm.
We’re tired and cranky and so are our kids. It's time to reset everything we thought we knew about adolescence and reinvent the wheel to cope with what's coming at us. From technology to schooling to routines, every strata of teendom will have issues and we're going to talk about all of them.
What: PSP Parenting Tweens & Teens in Uncertain Times
When: Wednesday, October 7th
Time: 7:00pm - 8:00pm
CLICK THE REGISTER NOW BUTTON TO THE RIGHT.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with a unique Zoom link. This webinar will be recorded. If you can't make it but want to receive the video link, you must register for the webinar.
**PSP wants everyone to have the opportunity to attend our informational webinars. If you are experiencing financial hardship, please email:
Many of Fara's clients are teens - she's been talking to them nonstop since March. She knows what's going on in their hearts and minds and she can help us put into perspective:
- Issues arising from the transition to school - whether it's hybrid, in-person, or remote.
- The data and new understanding around the effects of this time on kids of all ages, genders, and sexual orientation as well as of those who are introverts or extroverts.
- How to recalibrate our parenting during these high anxiety, hypervigilant times.
- A reckoning with the grief.
- Focussing on what we can control and dialing down our expectations for ourselves and our kids at this moment.
- Technology and the rules of tech time: who, what, where, when, and why kids are online.
Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 7:00 PM until 8:00 PM
Payment In Full At Event Only