Events and Meet Ups - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'REGISTER NOW' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Is Homeschooling Right For Your Family @ 7:00pm
Please join PSP for Is Homeschooling Right For Your Family? a PSP Coping Webinar with Emily & Erik Orton, co-founders of The Awesome Factory, on Thursday, July 9th @ 7:00pm
What: PSP Coping Webinar: Is Homeschooling Right for your Family?
When: Thursday, July 9th
Time: 7:00pm - 8:00pm
CLICK THE REGISTER NOW BUTTON
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with a unique Zoom link.
****If this is not a convenient time, but you'd like the information, please sign up and we'll send you the recording after the webinar.****
**PSP wants everyone to have the opportunity to attend our informational webinars. If you are experiencing financial hardship, please email: email@example.com.
Thinking about homeschooling? With education options up in the air for 2020, you may be wondering what the best choice is for your child(ren), home, and family. If you’re considering homeschool, Erik & Emily
They've raised their five children in Manhattan and have homeschooled since 2007. Their children are currently ages 13 - 23. The oldest just graduated from college on scholarship, and the youngest is schooling at her own pace with Down Syndrome.
Erik and Emily will share information based on 13 years experience within the NYC Homeschool system.
- What homeschooling actually looks like day-to-day (hint: it’s not about recreating public school at home)
- How to handle the paperwork required by NYS and NYC to homeschool (another hint: it’s not very complicated)
- Any special training or expertise you need to homeschool (short answer: if you’re considering this webinar, you already know everything you need to succeed!)
- How homeschooling fits with working from home
- Some educational and family benefits they’ve experienced homeschooling
- Some challenges they've experienced homeschooling
- Additional resources and guidance in case you’d like to dive deeper
Thursday, July 9, 2020, 7:00 PM until 8:00 PM
General Parenting Event
Members pay for their own charges