Events and Meet Ups - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
PSP Mental Health Check-In: Coping with COVID, the Birth Experience @ 7:30pm
Please join Park Slope Parents for a Mental Health Check-In: For New Parents with Founding Director of The Motherhood Center, Paige Bellenbaum, LMSW, on Wednesday, June 10th @ 7:30pm
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Please paste the link into your calendar or click to add the link to your calendar.
Coping with Covid, The Birth Experience: We'll discuss what moms and dads who have recently given birth are thinking and feeling during this challenging time and talk about skills and techniques to help them manage these new weeks of parenthood!
Paige will help us try to put the following in perspective:
- What new parents are feeling anxious about during this postpartum time.
- How to recognize if feelings of anxiety and sadness postpartum are normal or require additional support and treatment.
- Legislative decisions that may have made delivery more challenging because some aspects may have been experienced alone.
- How to process the feelings you may be having around your birth experience.
- Skills and techniques to manage anxiety and stress and communicate more effectively as an expecting couple.
A few tips on Zoom Confidentiality:
1. If you wish, you can change your name in your Zoom Profile to protect your identity. However, the best interactions happen when you share your stories and share yourselves. We are all in this together.
2. That said, this Zoom Meeting will be set for participants to have no video unless you want to.
3. This session is only for PSP Members. Please do not share this invite or your log-in.
4. Given privacy issues, this session will NOT be recorded.
Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 7:30 PM until 8:30 PM