This is a talk for parents of babies and toddlers, and expectant parents, who haven't entered the world of Pre-K or beyond.
If you already have a child in preschool, Joyce's PSP Members-Only Introduction to Public School: Pre-K & K on 01/08/20 would be a better choice for you.
Brooklyn schooling is confusing! There are lots of rumors flying around the playground and they all sound crazy. Do we really need to sign up for preschool in utero? Is it impossible to get into our zoned elementary school? Do we have to leave the city for middle school?
Stop listening to those people.They are not helping.
This talk explains what happens and when, and gives you a general overview of school culture in Brooklyn:
- General timelines.
- What the terms mean.
- Pre-School? Pre-K? Private? Public?
- Common practice.
- What is important to worry about and what isn't.
- When the decisions have to be made and when you can keep your options open.
You will come away with a big picture understanding of how it all fits together.
Brooklyn is an amazing place to raise children. It isn't always easy, but in my mind it is totally worth it. I want to give you the low-down on how to make it work. Knowledge is power.
Here's what one parent had to say about one of Joyce's talks:
"...I was so impressed - I laughed, I cried :) - I left feeling not only informed but mentored and coached from one parent to another - I truly appreciate the work you do, the energy you do it with and the humor you bring to the table to keep us all sane."
- You must be logged in to register.
- Tickets are $20.00/member. There are no refunds.
- If you would like your partner to attend, you must purchase another ticket.
- If you are not a member of PSP, click here to become a member.
For more information about Joyce, click here: http://www.nycschoolhelp.com/