Events and Meet Ups - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'REGISTER NOW' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
PSP Understanding Financial Aid & Paying For College with Bill Smith @ 7:00pm
Join PSP and Bill Smith, a user-friendly financial aid expert, on Thursday, November 5th @ 7:00pm for Understanding Financial Aid & Paying For College, a deep dive webinar.
Learn about the different types of financial aid and how to choose a college you can afford. This presentation takes the mystery out of financial aid, enabling you to make good college choices and informed decisions to manage college costs. We’ll discuss how to identify your student’s need and merit profile and learn how to match that with college awarding policies so you can identify affordable colleges.
What: PSP Understanding Financial Aid & Paying For College with Bill Smith
When: Thursday, November 5th
Time: 7:00pm - 8:300m
CLICK THE REGISTER NOW LINK TO THE RIGHT ➡️
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with a unique Zoom link. This webinar will be recorded. If you can't make it but want to receive the video link, you must register for the webinar.
**PSP wants everyone to have the opportunity to attend our informational webinars. If you are experiencing financial hardship, please email:
- Types of aid: grants, scholarships, work/study, loans.
- How do colleges decide how much aid to give?
- Need- and merit-based aid, what's the difference, how to get it?
- What do you need to know about financial aid applications: the FAFSA and the Profile forms?
- Using net price calculators to estimate your cost after aid at any college.
- Estimating the 4-year bottom line: how much will you pay for a college degree?
- How can you estimate how much college debt you’ll need?
- How can you decide if college debt is reasonable and affordable?
Thursday, November 5, 2020, 7:00 PM until 8:30 PM
Payment In Full At Event Only