This year's theme is... SUPERHEROES!
Get ready to compete in 14 different categories for the most Superlative Superheroes! This is a great event for the little ones as it ends in time for dinner and bed.
When: Sunday, October 29th, 2017
Time: 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Where: The Old Stone House, 5th Avenue & 3rd Street
BIONIC BABY-- Best Infant-- up to 12 months
MILLENNIAL FALCON--Best Stroller/Wagon
ANIMANIACS -- Best Animal
GREEN LANTERN-- Best Use of Recycled/Green Materials
BLADERUNNER-- Best Sci-Fi
PARK SLOPE ZOMBIES-- Best Pop Culture
DYNAMIC DUO-- Best Couple
GODS OF GOTHAM -- Best NYC
PUMPED-UP PUMPKINS -- Best Classic Halloween
THE JUSTICE LEAGUE-- Best Group/Family/Ensemble
GRABTHAR'S HAMMER-- Best in Show for Adults
CAPTAIN KID-- Best Kid's
EXCALIBUR --Best of Show/Most Creative
Halloween Costume Contest Rules
• The Park Slope Parents Halloween Costume Contest is open to anyone, no matter what age you are or where you live.
• YOUR COSTUME MUST BE HOME MADE or cobbled together. We are looking for YOUR work and creativity. Costumes purchased or rented or any costumes made for you by a professional designer or seamstress do not qualify. There are exceptions to the "purchased or rented" policy; for instance, if only one or two minor components of the costume were purchased. Exceptions in this case will be at the discretion of the judging team.
• Costumes must be self-contained. Connections to electrical sockets will not be available.
• It’s a family costume contest. Keep it fun and G- Rated.
• Judges for the Halloween Costume Contest are not eligible for the Costume Contest.
REGISTRATION and CHECK-IN
JUDGING AND AWARDS
• We'll call people up to the "stage" by costume categories. You will need to remain throughout the Costume Contest to be eligible for an award.
• Halloween Costume Contest awards will be announced after all costumes have been exhibited, each category has been stated and entrants for that category return to the stage.
IMPORTANT LEGAL MUMBO JUMBO:
• The judges shall have the sole authority and discretion to select the winners.
• Minors (those under 13 years of age) must come with a legal guardian to participate.
• By registering, all Halloween Costume Contest participants agree to let Park Slope Parents use their images for promotional purposes, both photographs and video.
• Each entrant shall indemnify, defend, and hold Park Slope Parents harmless from any third party claims arising from or related to that entrant's participation in the contest. In no event shall Park Slope Parents be liable to an entrant for acts or omissions arising out of or related to the contest or that entrant's participation in the contest.
Questions? Email email@example.com
(Costume made, in part, from Susan Fox's bathroom rug!)